Failure to appear for this hearing may result in adverse consequences, including:
- The Court may charge you with the additional crime of failure to appear, which is a Class II misdemeanor.
- You may receive up to six months in jail and/or a $1000 fine for this additional charge.
- The Court may issue a warrant for your arrest.
- It may be harder to get bail in the future.
- Even if you are not formally charged with a failure to appear, failing to appear may be considered by the judge in determining your sentence on the original charge.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO NOT MISS YOUR HEARING ON THE DATE AND TIME LISTED IN YOUR TEXT.
Please note that you must keep your attorney and pre-trial or probation officer aware of your current address, email, and telephone number.
When you arrive at your hearing, please sign into one of the two kiosks to inform judicial staff that you are present and obtain directions to the location for your meeting or hearing. You can also review one of the displays above the elevators in the lobby or on floor 3 and 4 to obtain information about your court hearing or meetings.
If you have questions about your hearing or meeting, please contact your pre-trial or probation officer or contact the court directly at 1 (937) 225-6000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and case number.